Saturday 10 September 2011

In My Arms, In My Heart


I was lonely and somewhat lost
I wanted a companion and friend, nothing more
I took the plunge, in I stepped
Nervous and unsure, I waded in

Unexperienced and quite unsure
Feeling trepidation, I wondered if I did right
Feeling shy but needing a ladies company
I took a chance, to see what would occur

Surprise, shock and so much joy
I found the woman of my dreams, I won first prize
Gentle, caring, trusting and sensuous, along you came
Into my life, you brought happiness, fulfilment
And everything I had secretly yearned for

Not sure how I would cope and react
From that first meeting I was complete
Such emotions flowed through me
That I believed I would never feel

Beauty, tenderness, faith, desire and love came fast
All my hidden dreams were answered
By your marvellous presence

From that first meeting, who would believe
Such a strong romance would start
When we are together all I need
Is in my arms, in my heart

No comments:

Post a Comment